Hi, I am Gabriela,
a Professional Spanish Teacher.
I am an experienced Spanish teacher with a passion for language learning and a proven track record of helping students achieve their goals. I have a degree in Spanish Language and Literature and am certified to teach Spanish as a Second Language. My teaching approach is based on fostering critical thinking, encouraging communication and providing a supportive learning environment. I use a variety of teaching methods and tools to cater to different learning styles and I am dedicated to helping students improve their language skills, whether for academic or personal development.
In addition to my qualifications and experience, I am also a lifelong learner and am continually seeking new methods, resources and strategies to improve my teaching and stay current in my field. I am skilled in creating lesson plans and materials that are engaging, interactive and aligned with the standards of the language curriculum. I also have experience in using technology in the classroom, such as digital resources, online tools, and other multimedia materials to make learning more interactive and effective. I also believe in providing regular feedback, both formative and summative assessment, to track student progress and adjust instruction accordingly. I am also an advocate for creating a positive and inclusive classroom culture, where every student is encouraged to participate, and their diverse backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
My Spanish Courses
Welcome to my online Spanish courses! I am a qualified and experienced Spanish teacher, and I am here to help you achieve your language goals. Whether you’re a beginner looking to start your Spanish journey, an intermediate learner seeking to improve your conversational skills, or an advanced student looking to perfect your grammar, I have a course tailored to meet your needs. With flexible online learning, engaging lessons, and personalized support, you’ll be speaking Spanish with confidence in no time. Enroll today and let’s get started on your Spanish language journey together!
Spanish for Beginner
Spanish for Intermediate
Speaking and Listening in Spanish
Costa Rica: My Country
I come from Costa Rica, a Central American gem known for its lush tropical rainforests, stunning beaches, and rich cultural heritage. This diverse country is a haven for eco-tourism, with a wealth of national parks, wildlife reserves, and adventure activities to explore.
But beyond its natural beauty, Costa Rica is also famous for its friendly people, vibrant music and dance scene, and delicious cuisine. Whether you’re interested in immersing yourself in local culture, or simply want to relax and enjoy the great outdoors, Costa Rica has something to offer everyone.
Why learning Spanish today?
There are many reasons why learning Spanish today can be a valuable and rewarding experience. Here are some of the main reasons:
- Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. It is the official language of 21 countries, and is also spoken by millions of people in the United States, making it an important language for business, travel, and communication.
- Learning Spanish can enhance your career opportunities. Many companies are looking for employees who can speak Spanish in order to communicate with Spanish-speaking clients or to conduct business in Spanish-speaking countries.
- Spanish can broaden your cultural horizons. Learning a new language can help you understand and appreciate different cultures, and Spanish culture in particular is rich and diverse, with a long history and many unique customs and traditions.
- Spanish can improve your cognitive function. Research has shown that learning a new language can improve brain function, memory, and problem-solving skills.
- Spanish is relatively easy to learn for English speakers. Spanish and English share many common roots, so many of the words and grammar structures are similar, making it easier for English speakers to learn.
Overall, learning Spanish today can be a valuable investment in your personal and professional growth, opening up new opportunities for communication, career advancement, and cultural enrichment.
How long does it take to learn Spanish?
The amount of time it takes to learn Spanish varies depending on several factors, including your previous experience with the language, your learning style, the amount of time and effort you can dedicate to learning, and your goals.
For example, someone who has already studied a Romance language, such as French or Italian, may find it easier to learn Spanish due to the similarities in vocabulary and grammar. Additionally, someone who is able to study intensively for several hours a day may learn more quickly than someone who can only dedicate a few hours per week.
In general, though, it is estimated that it takes around 600 to 750 hours of study and practice to reach a level of fluency in Spanish. This means that if you were to study for one hour every day, it would take you around 2 years to become fluent in the language. However, this is just a rough estimate, and it may take you more or less time depending on the factors mentioned above.
It’s important to keep in mind that becoming fluent in a language requires consistent and dedicated effort over a long period of time. But with patience and persistence, it is definitely possible to learn Spanish and enjoy all the benefits that come with being able to communicate in this beautiful and widely-spoken language.
How do beginners learn a new language like Spanish?
Learning a new language like Spanish can seem overwhelming at first, but there are several effective strategies that beginners can use to get started. Here are some tips:
- Start with the basics: Begin by learning basic vocabulary and grammar. Focus on learning common words and phrases that you can use in everyday conversation, such as greetings, introductions, and common questions and answers.
- Practice pronunciation: Good pronunciation is essential for effective communication in Spanish. Listen to native speakers and try to mimic their pronunciation as closely as possible. Record yourself speaking and listen back to identify areas where you can improve.
- Build your vocabulary: Build your vocabulary gradually by learning new words and phrases in context. Read Spanish books and articles, watch Spanish movies and TV shows, and practice speaking with native speakers.
- Immerse yourself in the language: Immersing yourself in the language is one of the most effective ways to learn Spanish. Surround yourself with Spanish as much as possible by listening to Spanish music, watching Spanish TV shows, and speaking with native speakers.
- Practice, practice, practice: Practice speaking, reading, writing, and listening to Spanish as much as possible. Join a language exchange group or hire a tutor to practice speaking with on a regular basis.
Remember, learning a new language takes time and effort, but with consistent practice and dedication, you can become fluent in Spanish and enjoy all the benefits that come with being able to communicate in this beautiful and widely spoken language.
Learn Spanish Online
Are you ready to take your Spanish skills to the next level? If so, I invite you to book a Spanish lesson with me today!
My lessons are tailored to meet the individual needs and goals of each student, whether you are a beginner just starting out or an advanced learner looking to improve your fluency. I offer a personalized and interactive approach to language learning that will help you to make real progress in your Spanish proficiency.
During our lessons, we will focus on improving your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills, as well as your grammar and vocabulary. I use a variety of engaging materials and activities to keep our lessons interesting and enjoyable, including authentic Spanish texts, videos, and music.
So, whether you want to improve your Spanish for personal or professional reasons, or simply for the joy of learning a new language, I am here to help. Book a lesson with me today and let’s start your journey to Spanish fluency together!